World-Class Care at Swedish Covenant Hospital
Swedish Covenant Hospital is the city’s leading independent, nonprofit hospital, excelling in safety, the best possible outcomes and a positive patient experience by providing expert care and unmatched health and wellness services in state-of-the-art facilities.
Learn more about Swedish Covenant Hospital and the expert care we deliver with compassion in the video below.
The hospital has served the residents of Chicago's north and northwest side communities for more than 130 years, providing every individual who enters with a compassionate, personalized experience focused on achieving optimal health.
Swedish Covenant Hospital is proud to leverage:
Board Certified Physicians
• Over 500 board-certified primary care physicians and specialists
from top medical schools and residency/fellowship programs
• More than 150 providers in the Swedish Covenant Medical Group
• Practices conveniently placed throughout hospital’s campus and on multiple sites throughout Chicago to make care accessible to our patients, wherever they are.
• A dual source CT scanner
to provide results to minimally invasive test, including angiography, cardiac imaging, perfusion and advanced vessel imaging at the world’s fastest speed with the lowest radiation exposure available.
• A third generation da Vinci Si HD robotic surgery system
for single-site robotic surgeries in a variety of surgery to help patients heal faster and with less scarring.
• Hyperbaric chambers
in our wound care center
to help patients wounds heal consistently faster than the national average and aid in the relief of side effects from intensive treatments such as radiation therapy.
• 3-D mammography
in the Mayora Rosenberg Women’s Health Center
, detecting 28% more breast cancer than traditional mammography
• Advanced heart imaging technology
in the Heart and Lung Center
• 3-D printing
to create surgical procedure models that allow surgeons to rehearse procedures before making an incision
• Utilizing the Impella 2.5™ percutaneous left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
in high-risk and complicated angioplasty procedures and patients experiencing cardiogenic shock due to congestive heart failure.
• A partnership
with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
provides access to the top-ranked pediatric hospital in the nation, with Lurie Children’s specialists right on campus.
• A telemedicine robot in the ER allows our medical staff to partner with neurologists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital to better treat stroke patients.
• A cancer care affiliation
with Rush University Medical Center to allow the two cancer centers to work together seamlessly on several aspects of cancer care, including treatment recommendations and research efforts to improve the quality and convenience of cancer services for patients on Chicago’s north side.
Recent Achievements and Awards
• Swedish Covenant Midwifery Group named only “Triple Aim” Best Practice Group
in Illinois in 2015
• Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care and Maternity Care
by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA)
• Consistent recognition
for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group
• Magnet Recognition®
for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
• Gold Award
for quality in stroke and cardiac care from the American Heart Association
• Cancer program approved as a Comprehensive Community Cancer program with commendation by the Commission on Cancer
• National Cardiovascular Data Registry’s ACTION Registry—Platinum Performance Award
for meeting the highest standards of cardiac care.
• Designation as a Breast Ultrasound Accredited Facility by the American College of Radiology
• Certified NICHE designated hospital
with “Senior-Friendly” status by Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders program for providing quality care for patients over 65.
• Reaccreditation as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
• Leadership in Safety Award
by CNA Healthcare
For more up-to-date information about the hospital, please visit our newsroom