The Department of Social Work at Swedish Covenant Hospital comprises several highly trained and licensed social workers. Available for referrals, social workers offer counseling and a wealth of information regarding community resources for patients and families experiencing a transition in their lives.
The Social Work Department is guided by a biopsychosocial model. Our social workers not only look at the person, but examine the emotional, physical and social components of one's life and how the patient functions within their environment. This examination helps the social workers offer individualized services to patients.
• DHS/ORS Home Services Program
• Chicago Department on Aging
• Medicare: Find out about Medicare, compare Nursing Facilities, etc.
• Illinois Department of Public Aid
• Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities