James and Suzanne McCormick Montessori Child Care Center
For essential workers seeking child care:
- A dedicated help line has been created so Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) can help connect essential worker families to emergency child care. Essential worker families should call toll-free 888-228-1146. The helpline will be available from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Friday to answer calls, but callers will be able to leave a message 24 hours a day.
- Click here and here for resources to help promote the helpline.
- To find emergency child care, essential workers are encouraged to visit COVID-19 Emergency Provider Search.
“The role of education is to interest the child profoundly in an external activity to which he will give all of his potential”
- Dr. Maria Montessori
New Student Paperwork>>
We honor our Montessori background and philosophy
- We believe children learn independently and individually
- We encourage curiosity and foster life-long love of learning
- We are present for each individual child
- We model respect and proper behavior
- We provide the best educational experience and maximum learning opportunities for all ages
- We believe that even the youngest child can learn
- We honor diversity, with fairness and equality
- We teach respect for oneself, different people, and our world
We maintain strong health and safety standards
- We create a loving, safe, and caring environment for the children to learn and grow
- We have continuing education and training for our staff, including CPR, First Aid, and Food Management and Sanitation
- We ensure proper ratios of qualified staff in each classroom
- We are aware of nutrition and physical well-being. We strive to serve only organic, healthy meals and snacks, and offer opportunities for physical fitness
- We make an effort to keep our environment clean and sanitized
- We are aware of and knowledgeable about illness containment and prevention
We strive for teamwork and collaboration with the families and other staff members
- We are a resource for families and other staff members on educational theories, ideas, and child development
- We are open to learn from the children, families, and other staff members
- We have long daily hours of operation and flexibility of enrollment
- We provide many opportunities for parents to learn about their child and share “moment of joy” with them. Examples include teacher-parent conferences, parent workshops and family activity nights, open houses, holiday and birthday celebrations, and Summer Camp
- We demonstrate patience and compassion with families, and other staff members
- We offer a comforting proximity for the parents who are employed at Swedish Covenant Hospital
- We hold ourselves accountable and are willing to “follow up” when needed
We have a profound love of children, and honor the fact that we are shaping the future!
Driven by our love of children,
We are a safe, compassionate, nurturing Montessori environment.
We can work as a team to assist children as they grow and learn individually.
We believe we change the world collectively.