At Swedish Covenant Health, we treat the whole person through body, mind and spirit. We understand that treatment doesn't stop when you leave your doctor's office and that complementary and alternative therapies can work in connection with traditional medical practices.
Swedish Covenant Health offers acupuncture, clinical massage therapy, Fundamental Fitness classes, meditation and personal training through Galter LifeCenter
, Chicago's only certified medical fitness center.
To learn more about integrative therapy, call 773-878-9936, ext. 5660
Experience the effects of acupuncture as it balances and heals your mind, body and spirit. This system of health care has been around for over 2,000 years, and has proven to be safe, effective and reliable.
In addition to treating muscular aches and pains, acupuncture can remedy acute or chronic ailments, relieve pain, enhance recuperative powers and strengthen the immune system. Whether it's back pain, arthritis, knee or shoulder pain, tendonitis, headaches, gynecological disorders or stress, acupuncture can help.
Galter LifeCenter is also pleased to offer YNSA, which is a new Japanese scalp acupuncture technique that is highly effective in treating musculoskeletal and neurological disorders.
or call 773-878-9936, ext. 5660
or email kkulans@SwedishCovenant.org
to schedule an appointment.
A growing body of research suggests that massage therapy is an effective, non-pharmacological form of pain relief in addition to increasing circulation, helping loosen tight muscles and releasing toxins.
Galter LifeCenter offers the following clinical and therapeutic massage therapy techniques:
- Trigger point
- Deep tissue
- Sports massage
- Postural assessment
- Myofascial release
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
or call 773-878-9936, ext. 5660 or kkulans@SwedishCovenant.org
to schedule an evaluation or session.
When starting a new exercise program, it’s not uncommon to feel uncomfortable, nervous or lost about what to do or who to ask. Fundamental Fitness is designed to give you the opportunity to learn about wellness in a supportive and encouraging environment and at minimal expense.
- Discover how to set small goals that make a big difference
- Develop strategies for making time to exercise workouts on your own
- Have access to a variety of medical and fitness experts
- Learn nutrition tips that fit into your busy life
- Gain the knowledge to create workouts on your own
about Fundamental Fitness at Galter LifeCenter.
Meditation practices have been shown to have numerous benefits for mental and physical health and wellbeing. These mental exercises strengthen the mind’s ability to respond wisely rather than react habitually to thoughts, emotions, physiological experiences, as well as whatever life and the outside world bring our way.
Regular meditation can:
- Decrease stress
- Improve resilience
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease physical and emotional pain
- Reduce inflammation
- Decrease severity of symptoms
- Increase emotional regulation
- Improve immune response
- Help treat depression and anxiety
- Slow age-related brain deterioration
- Improve self-control, memory, learning, creativity and more.
about meditation at Galter LifeCenter.
We realize that every client’s needs are different. Our trainers work to understand your needs, meeting you where you are now and using their expertise to help you move forward! Whether you are looking for accountability, motivation, instruction, fun, variety or a good old-fashioned awesome workout, Galter LifeCenter is here to deliver!
Benefits of personal training include:
- Weight management
- Sport-specific and high-intensity interval training
- Pre/postnatal health
- Heart rate training
- Core conditioning
- Feeling strong, sleeping better, managing stress
- Balance and flexibility work
- Aquatic training
- Exercise and diabetes
- Post-rehabilitation (with medical release)
- Postcardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation (with medical release)
about personal training at Galter LifeCenter.
Watsu is a passive form of aquatic therapy that incorporates the principles of zen shiatsu into a controlled 94-96 degree water temperature. Added to deep relaxation and meditative state are applied shiatsu stretches, freeing of the spine and weight-bearing joints with facilitation of acupressure point work in a warm aquatic environment.
During the Watsu aquatic therapy session, therapeutic aquatic and land goals are created and tailored to the individual's needs by a licensed occupational therapist with aquatic training in Watsu techniques. These goals enhance the health, wellness and quality of life for activities of everyday living.
Benefits of Watsu include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased range of motion, joint mobility, flexibility
- Decreased muscle grading, pain and holding patterns, muscle tightness
- Increased digestion, sleep pattern, breathing pattern
- Release and discovery of emotions
- Increased strength and immune system response
You may benefit from Watsu if you experience one of the following conditions. You may also enjoy Watsu even for general wellness benefits.
- Acute, Sub Acute or Chronic Pain
- Cerebral Vascular Accident
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Lower Back Pain
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Soft Tissue Dysfunction
- Anxiety Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Orthopedic Conditions
or contact Aquatic Bodyworker, Diane Novak at 773-878-9936, ext. 7356 or dnovak@SwedishCovenant.org
to schedule an evaluation or session.