Thank you for your interest in Swedish Hospital!
Each month, medical students rotate through the hospital and its affiliated primary care centers with our residents and physicians. Swedish Hospital takes pride in its teaching. We feel that it is important to foster an environment of education within our residency and for our students. While on rotation at Swedish Hospital, the students are required to attend morning report and focused teaching rounds with our attending physicians. Students also participate in noon didactics and monthly conferences, including morbidity and mortality, tumor board, clinical pathology conference and ambulatory care conference.
Medical School Affiliations
Swedish Hospital is a core training site for Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine and St. George’s University of London’s medical program with University of Nicosia. Please find further information on each affiliated school below.
Interested in Doing an Audition Rotation at Swedish Hospital?
Fourth-year out-of-state allopathic and osteopathic medical students are encouraged to contact our Medical Education Department to set up an audition rotation. Each rotation is treated as an audition with our institution, with full exposure to our residents, program directors and didactics.
- If you are interested in applying for an audition rotation with our emergency medicine residency, please fill out this application.
- To apply for an audition rotation with our internal medicine residency, please fill out this application.
- We are not currently able to offer audition rotations with our family medicine residency, please see our family medicine residency pages to learn more about the program and feel free to contact our Program Director and Program Coordinator to request further information or with any questions.
Requirements for Rotation
- Must be fourth-year medical student in a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) approved medical school or World Federation of Medical Education
- Once a rotation is scheduled and approved, the following forms and verifications must be received by the Medical Education Department a minimum of four weeks prior to the scheduled rotation start date.
- Copy of up-to-date immunizations, including annual flu shot for rotations after October 1
- Letter of good standing from medical school, including confirmation of HIPAA training
- Documentation of malpractice/liability insurance in the required amounts of $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate
- Affiliation agreement between Swedish Hospital and the medical school
- CCOM students must arrange auditions via their school coordinators, not through this application process.
- AZCOM students must use the audition application process here.
- Administration fee of $50 for successful applicants, payable by check payable to Swedish Hospital
5145 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-878-8200, ext. 1662