Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Swedish Hospital recognizes the importance of visitation. To help facilitate this, Swedish Hospital welcomes visitors at all times without discrimination unless contraindicated, with suggested patient visiting hours between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., considered most conducive to visitation.
For more detailed information regarding visitation, please refer to our Visiting Guidelines (PDF).
Galter Medical Pavilion
Monday - Saturday: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Monday - Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Wireless Internet Access
Free high-speed internet access is available across campus via our Wireless Guest Network. Instructions on how to connect are available at nurses' stations and unit front desks. Before connecting to the Guest Network, you must accept the Guest Network agreement, which explains:
- The Guest Network is not secure, and you accept all risks of damage to your computer by connecting to it.
- Wireless users should not transmit their credit card information, passwords or any other sensitive personal information while using any wireless "hot spot."
- Swedish Covenant Hospital cannot be held responsible for theft, loss or damage to your devices.
- Any restriction or monitoring of a minor's access to the hospital's wireless network is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- The Guest Network is a limited network provided for guests of the hospital, and some websites may be unavailable.
- If you have any problems accessing the internet over the wireless connection, staff cannot make changes to your network settings or perform any troubleshooting on your device.
Patient Room Details
Upon admission to the hospital, patients will receive a copy of our Patient Handbook, which contains information about your stay.
Swedish Hospital is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all who enter our facility. All Swedish Hospital employees wear picture identification badges while on duty. The hospital has a closed-circuit monitoring system that records activities in key areas of the hospital and parking facility.
Services for Those With Disabilities
To ensure that patients with impaired sensory, mobility or speaking skills have an equal opportunity to benefit from hospital services, a variety of resources and services are available. For more information, call 773-878-8200, ext. 1700
Swedish Hospital offers three options for guest and visitor dining on our hospital's campus.
Main Building, Basement Level
5145 N. California Ave.
Galter Medical Pavilion, First Floor
5140 N. California Ave.
Au Bon Pain
Foster Medical Pavilion, Ground Level
5215 N. California Ave.
is Chicago's only certified medical fitness center, located on our hospital's campus. For more information, call 773-878-9936.