For most people, pain comes and goes. But for chronic pain sufferers, it stays. Chronic pain affects mood, sleep, work, relationships, daily activities and overall quality of life.
Under the medical direction of a board-certified anesthesiologist, the Pain Center's multidisciplinary team creates an individualized treatment plan to decrease your pain's frequency, intensity and duration—so you can live your life as comfortably as possible. An affiliation with and close proximity to Galter LifeCenter provides our pain patients with convenient access to clinically integrated complementary and alternative health resources to aid in alleviating pain.
Swedish Hospital's Pain Center offers hope to people with almost any painful condition, primarily assisting patients with:
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic facial pain, including TMJ and trigeminal neuralgia
- Complex regional pain syndrome, or RSD
- Degenerative diseases, including degenerative disc disease
- Headaches, including migraine and other chronic head pain syndromes
- Herniated discs
- Pain after back surgery
- Spinal stenosis