Summer Nursing Program 2020
Criteria and Obligations of the Student
- Student must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
- Student must have completed at least one clinical rotation.
- Student must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA or above during the Academic Year.
- Student will authorize the school to provide the hospital transcripts of their grades.
- Student will provide one letter of recommendation from their professor.
- Current certification on IDPH’s health care worker registry
- Student is considered a Swedish Hospital employee and will comply with all policies and procedures that all SCH employees are required to adhere to.
Student will commit to full-time Nurse Intern Program Schedule of 8 weeks. These weeks are 4 week intervals.
- Student will commit to full-time Nurse Intern Program schedule of 8 weeks. These weeks are two to four week intervals
- Three (eight-hour) or two (12-hour) days per week will be scheduled in the role of a nursing assistant on the home unit, working under the direction of an assigned staff nurse.
- One (eight-hour) day per week will be provided to “shadow” a nurse on a specialty unit. Shadow days as a nurse intern provides the opportunity to “follow” a staff RN, observe patient populations in the specialty, and perform skills under the RN’s direct supervision
- Nurse Interns may be scheduled for either the day or pm shift and will rotate at the end of the first 4 weeks. Scheduled nurse interns are not part of the unit staffing grid
- Nurse Interns hired for the Summer Program may opt into the Year-Round Program. If the Nurse Intern does not chose to continue, employment will terminate after the eight-week commitment
How to Apply
To apply for a nurse internship position, please click here >>
Applications will be accepted February 1st through February 28th, 2020. For more information on our nurse internship program, please contact Linda Beagley at 773-878-8200, ext. 6509 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.