About Our Family Medicine Residency Program
Swedish Covenant Health's Family Medicine Residency Program is an ACGME accredited graduate medical education training program.
The sponsoring institution and location of most of your training is Swedish Covenant Hospital. Our continuity clinic at Erie Family Health is located on the hospital campus. Residents can take advantage of away rotations in intern (PGY-1) and third year (PGY-3) at the University of Illinois at Chicago and Ann and Robert Lurie Children's Hospital.
Our Family Medicine Residency Program has dedicated clinical and academic faculty, with extensive knowledge and experience to guide you through your postgraduate learning.
To educate family medicine physicians through high-quality teaching, ethical and cost-effective patient care and the flexibility to tailor elective experience towards career aspirations.
An empathic, competent family medicine physician with the versatility and skills to serve the community through primary care in outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Service to a diverse community.
- Commitment to reducing health inequality.
- Holistic care for the patient and their family/caregivers.
- Preparation for autonomous practice.
- Responsive to changes in medical practice and environment.
- Committed to lifelong learning, with the tools to teach the next generation of doctors.
- Collaboration with other residency programs while maintaining a clear identity and purpose.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Medical Education office at 773-989-3808 or meded@SwedishCovenant.org.