Requirements and How to Apply
Applicants should apply to Swedish Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) via U.S. medical schools. Paper and/or email applications will not be accepted.
Information for the Applicant
Our program participates in the NRMP
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
- COMLEX Scores (D.O. applicants)
- COMLEX 1 Pass
- COMLEX 2 CE Pass
- COMLEX 2 PE Pass Prior to Matriculation
- USMLE Scores (M.D. or D.O. applicants)
- USMLE 1 Pass
- USMLE 2CK Pass
- USMLE 2CS Pass prior to matriculation
- ECFMG sponsored J1 visas accepted.
- Our hospital does not directly sponsor any type of visas.
- We prefer one year of training in the US clinic or hospital setting.
- We require three letters of recommendation, in addition to your Dean's letter.
Upon acceptance of your ERAS application, the residency coordinator will contact you to arrange an interview. You will meet with the program director, several faculty members and residents. Residents will show you our facilities, and address any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
Interviews will take half of a day. Please let us know of any special interests you may have for your visit. We will try to accommodate you to the best of our ability. Light lunch will be provided.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Medical Education office at 773-989-3808